Covid-19 prevention measures
Typically, COVID-19 coronavirus infection is mild, especially in children and healthy young people. Nevertheless, there is a severe form of infection: in about one out of five cases, patients need hospitalization. Therefore, having concerns for yourself and your loved ones are totally justified.Therefore, it is very important, when possible, to comply with quarantine or self-distancing measures to restrain the spread of infection and prevent its uncontrolled spread.
MINIMIZING THE RISK OF COVID-19 VIRUS INFECTION
MEASURES AGAINST THE SOURCE OF INFECTION
- Avoid congestion of large groups of people and prolonged stay in closed crowded spaces (including public transport);
- Avoid close contact with people who have a cough or fever, especially those who have returned from China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States;
- Avoid eating raw and poorly thermally processed foods of animal origin, fish and seafood; drink bottled water. Do not eat food (nuts, chips, cookies and other snacks) from large packages or utensils if other people dipped their fingers in them;
- Wear medical masks. The mask should cover your mouth and nose, you need to change the mask every 2-3 hours. The use of a disposable medical mask reduces the risk of getting sick with viral infections that are transmitted by airborne droplets (by coughing, sneezing). For patients with acute respiratory viral infections, wearing a mask is mandatory;
- Carry disposable wipes with you and always cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
Wear a medical mask - Wash hands with soap - Avoid close contact with people - Avoid crowds
MEASURES AIMED AT THE INFECTION SOURCE TRANSFER MECHANISM
- Wash hands with soap or alcohol-based disinfectant (alcohol content of at least 60%) for at least 20 seconds;
- Try not to touch the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands;
- Carry out wet cleaning of rooms and clean the surfaces of devices (computers, smartphones’ screens, office equipment, remotes) with disinfectants and regularly ventilate the premises (at least 20 minutes, at least 2 times a day).
After staying in places with a large crowd of people, having come home, it is necessary to carry out the following actions, including for children:
- Change clothes in which you were on the street, among a group of people, etc.
- Wash your face and hands with soap, rinse your mouth with running water, rinse your nose with running water or saline (saline, Aqua Maris, Aqua EN).